Most people, at some point during their life, will find they experience back pain. And for those who wish to take a conservative approach to solving their back pain, chiropractic care is often the right solution. Dr. Paul Hyland of Committed to Health Chiropractic Center in Creve Coeur MO is ready to help relieve back pain and prevent future occurrences.
Back Pain Symptoms
The cause of back pain can be diagnosed by a physical exam, various noninvasive imaging tests, and at times, specific blood tests. The following symptoms characterize back pain -
- Aching, dull, or sharp pain
- Tingling that can radiate down one/both legs
- Muscle spasms across the back or down the legs
- Weakness or numbness in feet/legs
- Difficulty maintaining proper posture or simply walking
If your back pain or related symptoms last longer than a week or two – or the pain is severe and has no improvement with time, it is essential to seek a medical evaluation.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can be sourced to a number of factors and issues. Poor posture, medical disorders, and other lifestyle aspects all have the potential to contribute to back pain -
- Arthritis Osteoarthritis often impacts the lower back, among other places.
- Ligament Sprain or Muscle Strain Ligament sprains or muscle strains in your back happen for various reasons such as poor posture or repetitive motions, or an unexpected action that is awkward and unnatural.
- Bulging or Ruptured Discs Between each vertebra in the lower back is a cushioning disc. These can rupture or bulge from the spine, creating pressure on the nerve and back pain.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis, when bones become brittle and break easily, is a medical disorder that most often appears in aging women.
Top Chiropractic Treatments for Back Pain
Because back pain varies, the chiropractic treatment you receive will depend on the exact cause and the amount of pain you experience. The most common treatment options offered by Dr. Hyland include -
- Traction/Decompression – helps to reduce disc pressure between vertebrae.
- Cold Laser Therapy – is helpful in the reduction of inflammation and pain radiating from the back.
- Massage Therapy – available as follows –
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Relaxation Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Sports Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Prenatal Massage
- Electrical Stimulation/Interferential Current Therapy – encourages healing by reducing swelling, pain, and the time required to heal and recover.
If you live/work in and around the greater Creve Coeur MO area, contact the professional staff at Committed to Health Chiropractic Center by calling 314-542-2003 or online. Dr. Hyland remains committed to improving your health and relieving your back pain using a natural approach to health.